Flaps in Hand and Upper Limb Reconstruction
Flap surgery of the hand and upper limb: keeping you posted!
The management of patients with hand and upper-limb deficiencies is a routine task in reconstructive surgery. A multitude of conventional and microvascular flap reconstructions have been described, and it is rather difficult to keep track of them all. This book is coming to your rescue:
- A concise and practical guide to all relevant flap procedures
- Uniform structure of all chapters: surgical anatomy, surgical technique and postoperative care, variants, indications and contraindications
- Uniform design: text on the left, illustrations on the right hand side
- More than 700 high-quality drawings displaying surgical and anatomical details provide clear, step-by-step instructions
- Advantages and disadvantages of each method are compared and contrasted
- Extensive section on differential therapeutic considerations including numerous synoptic tables on when to use which flap procedure
- Additional chapters on the anatomy as well as functional, aesthetic and social aspects of both hand and upper limb
- Conventional and microvascular flap reconstructions presented as procedures complementing one another
The book furnishes both the general surgeon facing emergency situations and the hand surgery specialist with valuable aids and suggestions.
A textbook and reference guide to the primary and secondary treatment of hand and upper-limb deficiencies!
Herausgeber / Autoren
Prof. Dr. Robert Hierner Plastische, Ästhetische, Wiederherstellungs- und Hand-Chirurgie Stiftung Bethanien Krankenhaus Moers Bethanienstrasse 21 47441 Moers Prof. Dr. Reinhard Putz Emeritus Vorstand des Anatomischen Instituts Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität Pettenkoferstrasse 11 80336 München Allen T. Bishop, MD Chair, Division of Hand Surgery Department of Orthopedic Surgery Mayo Clinic 200 1st St. SW Rochester, MN 55905 USA Zunli Shen, MD,Ph.D Professor and Director Department of Plastic, Hand and Aesthetic Surgery Shanghai First Peoples Hospital Shanghai Jiao Tong University No.100, Hai Ning Road Shanghai 200080 China Prof. Dr. Klaus Wilhelm Emeritus Handchirurgie München